Grant Expenditure Plan 2022-23
Pupil Deprivation Grant 21-22
Schools in wales are given funding on a per pupil basis specifically to support and ensure comparable progress for all pupils in receipt of Free School Meals. Schools have to draw up detailed plans on how they will spend this money and then show the progress that each pupil has made against the spending. All schools are required to publish the funding information on their school website.
The school's current FSM population is 18% of our pupils.
This is 2% higher than the previous year.
The school uses PDG funding to support pupils who currently receive FSM, prioritising those with the greatest need.
Total allocation £59,800 for April 2021 to March 2022
The school undertakes the following activities to support pupils facing challenges of poverty and deprivation:
- SLT member to lead on supporting and monitoring the progress of pupils in receipt of FSM
- TAs providing 1-2-1 and group literacy and numeracy skills support
- Purchasing of resources, including technology to support learning in literacy and numeracy
- Training in literacy and numeracy interventions for TAs to support their role
- Training in wellbeing strategies to support pupils' mental health
- Training in counselling skills to support pupils social, emotional and wellbeing needs
- Enrichment opportunities before and after school through extra-curricular activities and swimming lessons
The school's PDG expenditure is regularly scrutinised by the Governing Body, supported by advice from CSC and monitored by RCT LA.
If you think you may be eligible for FSM click the link below:
Please read Welsh Government information giving details of PDG and how it's allocated: