Y Criw Cymraeg or 'Welsh Crew' have an important role within the school. Some of their jobs include:
- Helping to promote a Welsh ethos and the Welsh language.
- Ensuring that pupils enjoy learning Welsh through daily Helpwr Heddiw sessions and weekly Welsh lessons.
- Encouraging pupils and staff to communicate through the medium of Welsh.
- Ensuring that pupils understand that Welsh is an important part of our culture.
- Leading Welsh assemblies.
- Helping to plan and organise special Welsh celebration days/events such as Shwmae Day, Dydd Santes Dwynwen, Dydd Gwyl Dewi, Yr Eisteddfod etc.
We have 20 eager Criw Cymraeg members, 4 children from the Foundation Phase and 16 from KS2, who are all passionate about Welsh. Our Criw Cymraeg have an integral role in helping us to achieve the Siarter Iaith Bronze Award. This award has 10 key priorities which we as a school are trying hard to achieve this year.